Leaf & Yard Waste Pick-Up
Free Leaf and Yard Waste Pick-Up
City Service Area Resident Free Bag Pick Up
Free fall leaf/yard waste bag pick-up will be on your regular garbage day October 29 through November 21. You do not need to schedule this pick-up.
If you live in Bellgrove, Hobby Acres, Park Ridge and Interlachen Park:
There will not be free leaf and yard waste bag pick-up in these areas. The City provides free street leaf and yard waste pick-up in your area using front-end loaders and dump trucks.
Pick-up in these areas will be November 5-8. Refer to schedule below for your neighborhood’s pick-up day:
- Bellgrove: Monday, November 5
- Interlachen Park: Tuesday, November 6 (Meadowbrook Rd. up to and including Maple Hill Rd.)
- Park Ridge: Wednesday, November 7
- Hobby Acres: Wednesday, November 7
- Interlachen Park: Thursday, November 8 (Interlachen Rd. to Blake Rd.)
Place leaves in loose, unbagged piles in the street along the curb line. Leaves should be placed on the street no later than 7 a.m. on your scheduled pick-up day and no earlier than the day before your scheduled pick-up day.
For 5th Avenue North, County Road 73, Minnetonka Mills Road, Oakridge Road and Blake Road Residents: Due to county restrictions and high traffic levels, residents will have free leaf and yard waste bag pick-up October 29 through November 21.
NOTE: The last week of all yard waste bag pick up will be November 19-21.
Yard Waste Pick-Up Guidelines
- Yard waste is collected on Thursdays. Residents must call 952-939-1382 to request yard waste bag pickup by 2 p.m. on Wednesday or submit a request here.
- Every bag must have a yard waste sticker affixed to it, facing the street or alley so it's visible to drivers.
- Stickers are $3 each and may be purchased in person at City Hall or Public Works. To have stickers sent to you in the mail (minimum of 10) you can call 952-939-1382 and the cost will be placed on your utility bill.
- Yard waste must be bagged. Maximum size bag is 55-gallon, weighing no more than 40 pounds. Yard Waste must be bagged in a compostable bag; either paper bags or BPI certified compostable bags.
- Place yard waste at the normal refuse collection site, at least four feet away from your refuse and recycling containers.
- Items not accepted include:
- Animal feces (please clean up after pets before raking your lawn)
- Long twigs
- Stump grindings
- Sod waste
- Shrub clippings
- Woody vines
- No garden products such as melons, pumpkins, squash, potatoes, apples, and tomatoes, should be placed in yard waste bags. Place unused garden products such as these into your regular garbage container.