Performer Payment and Freight room rules
Get paid to perform in The Freight Room
The Freight Room strives to put as much money back into your pockets as we possibly can. Cover is $5 for almost all shows and artists receive a cut of the proceeds depending on how many fans come through the door.
Bands/artists/rappers receive cuts of 30 percent, 35 percent or 40 percent of the cover charge take based on 1-24 fans, 25-49 fans and 50 or more fans, respectively. Call 952-999-1878 for more information and to have your questions answered.
The fine print
Payment is dependent upon adherence to the following rules:
- Arrive on time! Please be here at least 20 minutes before your scheduled set (We’d prefer you check out the bands before and after your set to support your fellow local artists). Simply drive around the patio to the back of the building to load in/out.
- Finish on time! Your set must end at the time established by the you and the venue. You must load-in according to set times also established by The Freight Room. Call ahead if you are planning on being late
- Do not encourage moshing.
- What the *bleep*? Explicit language should be kept to a minimum. Depot staff reserves the right to halt any performance it deems over the line and inappropriate. Promoting drugs/alcohol use or disrespect of any group (sexism, homophobia, racism, etc.) will not be tolerated and will 100% void payment.
- The only people on the guest list are the immediate band member names you provided in your submission form. No roadies, fans, camera dudes or dudettes, etc. get in for free. Family/friends should be happy to support your music. Children under 5 are free.
- Any stage performance enhancement (lighting, fog machines, etc.) must be run by the sound manager in advance of the performance. Do not throw items into the crowd and no liquids besides water on stage.
- Do not encourage fans to come on stage as this impacts all equipment related to the show. Only those on the booking form will be allowed on stage.
- The Freight Room is not responsible for any weather/electrical related cancellations or damage to equipment.
- Cancelling your show with less than two weeks notice may affect future bookings.
Please send ticket requests or questions along with your band name to the Freight Room Booking Manager, John Guertin.